Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Adam Oates on Why Tom Wilson Won't Represent Canada in World Juniors

Coach Oates says Tom Wilson has 'conquered' juniors and won't benefit. But, wouldn't a tournament like this help Tom's NHL game? Apparently Wilson agrees it won't.

Via PHT
Tom Wilson rarely plays more than 10 minutes in a single Washington Capitals game, but according to head coach Adam Oates, the big 19-year-old forward has nothing to gain from representing Canada at the upcoming World Juniors.

“For me, Willie’s an NHL player,” Oates said. “He’s conquered junior. Nothing against that tournament at all, [but] I think he’s moved past it.”

Wilson, not surprisingly, echoed his coach’s thoughts.

“It’s obviously a dream to play for your country but my priority is here in Washington,” Wilson said. “I think [the Capitals] had in mind what they wanted. I’m not really going to dwell on it.

“I’m wishing those guys the best and it’s going to be a great tournament, but I’m happy to be here.”

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home

Newer Posts Older Posts